Tuesday, January 26, 2010

5N5D - Day Two

Monday = in the office. Our office isn’t corporate (thank goodness) but we do have to dress professionally because we have meetings with all sorts of advertising and editorial people all day. Plus working in mag-land where you are surrounded by glamorous mag hags means you try just that little bit harder in the morning (well, some days I do – did I today? You be the judge).

Today’s nails were Jade Is The New Black – the dark jade green colour, which is a much darker alternative to the Chanel jade green everyone went gaga over last year. It painted on reasonably well; decent coverage in 2 coats, but I would recommend 3 really thin coats for total opacity.

Outfit: Black dress, studded belt, black flats, silver bangle, super-frizzy humidity hair.

Ease of matching nails to outfit: Yikes! After much deliberation, I had to go with basic black. It might be alright with casual gear (I was thinking denim shorts and a couple of layers of singlets would be kickin’) but creating a "take me seriously" look was a little tricky.

Number of compliments: 0.5 (my chiropractor commented on them, but it was more an observation than a compliment)

Likelyhood to wear again: 1/5. I might put it on again in a weeks time to give it a second chance, but I felt like it was missing a bit of personality.


I call this pose "post-groceries-pre-dinner-tired&frizzy". I could definitely give Derek Zoolander a run for his money.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails