Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm late...I'm late...for a very important date...

Actually, you're not late (yet), but you don't want to be for this one!

I have been hannnnnnnging out for Alice in Wonderland, which hits cinemas in March. Johnny Depp as The Mad Hatter? Ingenious! Matt Lucas as TweedleDee and TweedleDum? Superb! Helena Bonham Carter as The Red Queen? Could there be anyone more appropriate?! It's going to be a visual Tim-Burton-style feast, and I can't wait to gobble it all up.

Chances are, when I go to see it I will be wearing one of the nail polishes from the OPI Alice in Wonderland collection. Those clever cookies have captured the essence of what I think this movie will be like, and bottled it all up so I can take it home. Cheers, OPI. There are four colours in the collection and they are pure, unadulterated FUN. No room for mistakes here, we're painting these roses red, baby!

Absolutely Alice is an amazing blue glitter with fine gold flecks through it - perfectly captures Alice in her blue dress and blonde hair.
Thanks So Muchness
is a berry red metallic shimmer which is highly pearlized and absolutely delicious.
Mad As A Hatter
is partying like it's 1999 - total glitter confetti fun!
Off With Her Red
is probably the most grown up and mature of the polishes, in a beautiful creamy tomato red. Definitely the sensible alternative, with potential to be a cult red.

As you can see, there is a lot of personality packed into such a small capsule collection. My hit pick? Mad As A Hatter. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you are too old for glitter nail polish. Put it on and go dancing - this polish is made for fun!

Price: $19.95
From: David Jones - hits counters this Sunday (Jan 24)
Why you need it: Treat yourself to an unbirthday present! And if I can't convince you, then soak up the beautiful advertorial image - simple, but so inviting. I want to paint my walls the beautiful aqua background colour but, uh, my landlords might not like that so much.

Picture credit: OPI

2 comments:

eskimojo said...

Absolutely Alice - do want.

NatW said...

I ordered these in from the US and they arrived last week. Absolutely Alice is fabbo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails