Thursday, May 6, 2010

How to get posh hair like Little Joe Woman

I have been intently watching Rosemount Australian Fashion Week this week (or RAFW for those in the biz) and I am loving all these new hair, nail and makeup looks. I went to a show the other night, and I’m going down to another tonight and I tell you what – it’s just as much fun watching the passing parade of the guests as it is watching the actual show. Anything goes and there are some people with great style out there. Inspiring.


(I'm tracking down the how to for this makeup - HOT!)

So talking hair, I was totally taken by the tresses at Little Joe Woman. This is classic posh hair. The ‘I don’t wash my hair, I get blow-dried every second day dahhling’ look. Renya Xydis is a genius – she created this beautiful look for ghd and it complimented the clothes and the makeup perfectly. I grabbed the How To for this look from ghd (cheers guys), so not only can I tell you how to get it, but I can also try it myself for going out tomorrow night (I don’t have a birthday pressie for my sister yet, but at least my hair will look nice for her dinner)



1. Apply ghd Fat Hair Lotion to the hair and shake the hair dry for a natural result. (looking at the pics, I see they also teased the hair a bit to give it hold and body)
2. Starting at the top of the hair, use the ghd Styler to add soft waves to the hair. (this part I can do! Yessss)
3. Mess the hair up, particularly on top, and mist with ghd Ultimate Hairspray to set. (Messy hair? My forte! Oh, not proper messy, but fingers through it for movement messy. Gotcha)
4. Lightly spray with ghd Reflection Spray to add shine.


Can I get a heck yes? Will you give this a try? I would like to try it AND I would like one of their new coloured stylers please. They will be launching blue, purple, red and green in a few weeks time and they look sexy as all get out. Do you reckon red goes faster? (too obvious, sorry) Once I get more details I’ll let you know.

Picture credit: ghdfashion

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I REALLY need insructions to get soft curls with my GHD. I really struggle with this look! I'm so ridiculously over poker straight hair. Tips please??

2. Please keep us up to date with GDH red irons coming out. I would very much love one. Or hot pink for that matter.

:)

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I have hair like yours S and I have managed to master the soft curls so I'll do a how-to video for you.

I'll also keep on top of the coloured GHDs for you! They are so gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails