Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Smashbox primer totally smashes it!

After gushing about the Smashbox O-Glow last week, I was going to tell you about how great the Photo Finish Foundation Primer is today. Instead of telling you about the great blend of vitamins and antioxidants that keep your skin fresh or the fact the primer fills in lines so you look flawless all day, or even that it feels all silky and smooth when it goes on, similar to the O-Glow, I’m going to tell you about its incredible staying powder.

Picture this: last Wednesday at work and I’m a busy beaver, preparing presentations, checking spreadsheets and making phone calls. I was on the phone to one of the very important people and she casually says, “Oh hey, do you want to come to the Cleo Bachelor party tonight”. I was just as casual back with a, “Oh hey, you can’t be serious? That’s kind of a Big Deal”. “Hang on”, she says, and then *tap tap tap* “okay, you’re on the list”. Some days my job is super.

This all went down at about midday which led me to a mad dash around the city at lunch to find something to wear, then a mad dash home at the end of the day to get changed, throw on some extra eyeliner, a fresh coat of lippie and a pair of heels. Jump in a cab and back into the city to party with 50 of Australia’s most eligible bachelors, drink ridiculous Vodka O cocktails and eat mini food.

The point of this post comes at the very end of the night. As I was washing my makeup off I discovered my foundation had not moved. at. all. This was about 11:30pm and I had put my foundation on at 8am. I didn’t touch it up when I dashed home to get changed (no time) so it was one coat applied in the morning over a layer of Photo Finish Foundation Primer. Impressive. Plus it looked pretty good in pictures! Check out how glowy and even my skin looks (except for a bit around the eyes, but this photo was taken pretty late in the evening). This is probably the best endorsement I can give a product - it took me from the office to the party of the year and I still looked fresh.

Price: $52.95
From: kit Cosmetics
Why you need it: So your foundation doesn’t move and you look fresh when you’re meeting bachelors.

Picture credit: Primer - smashbox.com, Me with the charming Jesse Martin - Kat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the primer review, I was going to ask if you had tried it!

Next pay i'm in the market for a primer - do you think smashbox is better than Benefit primer? Ive used chanel primer and the Benefit balmy one in the tin but I was considering the new one.

Thoughts?

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

It depends what you are looking for. I like the Benefit That Gal primer because it is pink and therefore illuminating and gives you dewy skin. It's great under a tinted moisturiser. I like the Smashbox one because it has incredible staying power. It evens skin out a bit better than the Benefit one but it also means you need to add a bit of illuminator or highlighter (which I would anyway). Both feel nice on the skin - Benefit is a cream texture, while Smashbox is a gel.
See if you can get samples of both. I know Kit are doing samples of all the Smashbox products at the moment and their staff are always happy to give you a few squirts in a jar. Let me know how you get on!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, i'm going to go Sat AM to get some samples then! Hopefully they will hand over some. I hate going to places like Clinique and asking for a sample - they always look @ you like your a cheap skate!
I buy my fair share!

I'm pretty much looking for something with staying power as apose to a dewy look.

Thanks for the info :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails