Friday, May 7, 2010

Not the Wisp-a effect I was after

One of the many items that was in the goody bag from the Cleo Bachelor party last week was a pack of those new Colgate Wisp brush/breath freshener/toothpick things. They have a cute TV ad and I’m a sucker for a gimmick so I was excited to try them. WRONG. It was a pretty horrible experience.


The freshening bead, aka little ball thingy in the middle of the brush, is the main cause of my displeasure. It’s a horrifyingly intense mint that burns your mouth and leaves a horrible aftertaste (and I tried spearmint, which I generally find to be the less intense out of spear and peppermint).Not fresh. Not good. Also not good is trying to actually get the liquid out of the little bubble. Do you just press it against your teeth? Pierce it? Lick it? What’s the protocol?! Breath mints shouldn’t need to come with an instruction booklet.


The mini-brush is fine, although you really do need to rinse after using it otherwise you’re just moving the gunk around, and the toothpick at the end is quite useful. Actually, I would say the toothpick was the highlight for me.Sadly I wouldn’t recommend these. The freshening bead is just too unpleasant and getting fresh breath should not be an unpleasant experience. It should be fun, like Wintergreen or Cool Cherry Tic Tacs (both of which I bought earlier in the week and both of which are awesome!)


Colgate Wisp
Price: $3.80 for a 4 pack
From: the supermarket
Why you need it: Go for it if you want an intense and awkward breath freshening experience


Wintergreen and Cool Cherry Tic Tacs
Price: $2.50
From: The convenience store at Moore Park Entertainment Quarter (Fox Studios)
Why you need them: They are AWESOME!

Ps - If you spotted my nails (zing) then well done, you eagle eyes! They are painted with China Glaze High Hopes from the new Up and Away collection AND THEN they have black polka dots on them. they are powerawesome!

2 comments:

theloveofpink said...

Your nails are several kinds of awesome! How did you do the polka dots, pray tell? x

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I'll post on it, but here's my secret...Sharpie pen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails