Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fun fact #763 about me

I have worn glasses since I was 7. That's a really long time.

I went to an event last week for Specsavers, those purveyors of fine spectacles. I was there with the gorgeous Helen from SASSYBELLA.com and we had a ball trying on all the different specs and making silly faces for the camera. We also got to meet Jenny Kee, who is an ambassador for Specsavers. Just quietly, I wanted to steal Jenny's scarf. It was her own design so I'm sure she has dozens of them and wouldn't miss it.

The event was perfectly timed really, because I'm due for an eye test and am subsequently on the hunt for a new pair of specs. Every time I get new glasses I go through this same battle - plain old black or a bright colour like red. (I have had both in the past, loved both.) I'm not totally nuts with matching my frames to my outfit, but it's really important to wear a pair of glasses that you feel comfortable in and that look good on you. In my looong looooong history with being a four eyes, glasses are all about confidence.

Which ones do you like on me? Considering Specsavers do a deal where you can get two pairs for $199, there's no excuse not to get a couple for different occasions.


Right, I'm off to get my eyes tested!
.

4 comments:

Babs said...

From one four-eyes to another: I'd go with the ones where you wrote "I like these ones" or where you wrote "Tres chic"... but then maybe I've just been lurking around Surry Hills too much...

Anonymous said...

I love the red glasses they suit you so much. Also the pair one the top left had corner are amazing!! Good luck in deciding!

sher said...

I agree! I like the first two and also the one with you holding the mirror.
I miss wearing my glasses! i'm a contacts addict now and only wear my glasses around the house. Spec savers is great, the seem to make them pretty fast too.

Shay said...

Agreed on the top right, so cute and interesting!
I have a boring brown pair and a similar shaped pair that's a bright pinky magenta. Great for dressing up neutral outfits. : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails