Monday, June 27, 2011

Shiny. Glossy. Thick. All words we like to hear about hair (and chocolate pudding)

As I mentioned recently, I visited the gorgeous Bauhaus salon in Waterloo. It's next door to the Pivot Point Academy, which is one of the top hairdresser training schools in Sydney, and they learn from all the staff at Bauhaus who are mainly resident masters. As an aside, how cool would it be to have the title Resident Master on a business card? It sounds so mysterious and powerful.

After Alex the super-hairdresser did the scalp test and sorted out my dryness issue (with Ergines B - below D), he picked out a volumising shampoo (Volume Creme Shampoo Plus - B) and anti-frizz conditioner (erm, Anti Frizz Conditioner - C) to help me fight my two biggest winter concerns - thin hair with constant flyways from static. Have I ever mentioned my unnerving fear of static electricity? I *hate* electric shocks. Fear them. Loathe them.


But I digress. I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for almost two months now and my hair is in fabulous condition - thick, shiny and healthy. I have also been using a treatment called Ergines Plus Vital (A) which is jam packed full of minerals and elements to repair damaged hair and just keep things in healthy working order (kind of like taking a daily vitamin). The treatment comes in little ampules and the instructions say you should use two-thirds of an ampule each application, but I have been using much less than that (maybe 1/6th of an ampule?) and it seems to be working just fine - I guess that's one up side to having thin hair, it's a cheap date.

It's a miracle that my hair is in such good nick to be honest, considering that it has been about 4 months since my last cut (BAD blogger), and the last time I did my colour I only did the roots. Screw paying hundreds of dollars at the salon for balayage, just let your old colour grow out and keep doing your roots. There is something to be said for home colouring, and that something is 'it's good'.

La Biothestique
Price: Volume Creme Shampoo Plus (380mL) - $44, Anti Frizz Conditioner (150mL) - $35, Ergines Plus Vital (10 ampules x 10mL) - $84 (may vary from salon to salon)
From: Bauhaus Hair - 293 Young St Waterloo - check the La Biosthetique website for other salons
Why you need it: For freaking gorgeous hair that's thick, shiny and not going to stand on end when it's windy!

These products were offered to Stuff That I Bought for consideration - see our disclosure policy for more details
.

2 comments:

eskimojo said...

I can't remember if I've mentioned it before but I get psoriasis of the scalp (like dandruff, but even more flaky and gross - thanks for those genes, Dad!) and use the EPICELAN PURIFANT SHAMPOO from la Biosthetique and it's THE BEST thing I've ever used.

Ditch your head & shoulders and pick this stuff up!

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I get scalp psoriasis too, and I am currently trialling two new ranges that are AMAZING. Also, cheap. I like that part. Will post about them very soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails