Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lions and tigers drink water

This is going to sound nuts, but my favourite thing that I bought on my trip wasn't my new BR trench coat, or my Kate Spade bangle (although they are in the top 5), but my Water Bobble. Like a water bottle, but better.

How? It has an inbuilt filter. I'm obsessed with drinking water (I very rarely drink anything else) and I know tap water is fine, but too much tap water tastes funny, y'know? The Water Bobble filters out chlorine and any stray contaminants, but leaves all the fluoride in place (a certain TV commercial with a piece of chalk and some blue liquid told me fluoride was important). It also makes tap water taste that little bit better, which might only be in my head, but it's important none-the-less.

The filter is a carbon filter, and it's good for 150L/300 uses/2 months. At $14.95 for a bottle and $7.95 for a filter replacement, that's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a few water bottles a week, and way better for the environment. The polar bears thank you.



Water Bobble
Price: $14.95 for the bottle, $7.95 for the replacement filters
From: Domayne, Myer, Officeworks - check the website for stockists (I bought mine from American Apparel in the States)
Why you need it: Fresh, filtered water on tap (zing!)
.

4 comments:

Sarah at Chasing Aphrodite said...

Oh I love this. Totally going to buy one.

MsCritique.com said...

Yours totally trumps my water bottle. I need an upgrade baby! I will not rest until I get my hot little mitts on one. I also love it for the 'show off' factor – it just looks all superior and smug, huh? Or maybe that's just me.

Awkward. x

Lavender said...

We have a jug like that, i cant drink normal water after ice0cold filtered water haha
http://www.prettyyoungblogger.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We went to Greece. The water is terrible! It tastes like chlorine. Definitely a must for next time I travel. <3 Xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails