Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The simple things that make me smile

On my recent holiday (are you sick of hearing about it yet?) I bought myself a beautiful bangle at Kate Spade. I looked at it in two other Kate Spade stores and couldn't get it out of my head, so I had to go back and buy it (luckily the store I went to had a bonus sale on - score!) It's lovely - white and orange giraffe print, with the words STAND TALL engraved on the inside. It makes me smile.

Cut to a few weeks later and there is a surprise in my mail box. I received a hand-written note on a Kate Spade note card from the girl who served me at the Kate Spade store. She was writing to say thank you for shopping in their store, it was a pleasure to serve me, she hopes I'm enjoying my bangle and please stop by and say hello on my next visit. You could have blown me over with a hairdryer. Talk about above-and-beyond excellent customer service! This just made me fall in love with my purchase all over again, and moved Kate Spade up a few extra rankings on my imaginary tally board of luxury brands I would like to shop at in future.

It's nice to be nice, people. I'm off to grab one of my French Navy notecards and send someone a few thoughtful words. The small things can have the biggest impact.

 .

2 comments:

Emma said...

I love this post and not just for the cute bangle. Firstly, hand written trumps any other form of communication (I'm old school) and secondly, genuine customer service like that doesn't come along often!

Very impressed :)

Amella said...

Gorgeous bangle. I love shopping at birdsnest.com.au, and always get a lovely hand written letter from one of the gals who works there. Always puts a smile on my face, such great service.

Related Posts with Thumbnails