Thursday, April 29, 2010

Attention passengers!

You know I’m a bit of a nail polish person. In fact, I’m so much of a nail polish person that I have a new project in the works that I’ll let you in on soon. But in the meantime I was superpsyched to a) discover a new brand and b) be offered the chance to review their wares.

Uslu Airlines is, contrary to popular belief, not an actual airline, but a Berlin based cosmetics company who do lux cosmetics with unusual names. Their nail polish and lip gloss are imported into Australia exclusively through Honey Honey. This is kind of a big deal since this brand is stocked in places like Colette Paris and 10 Corso Como Milan. Oh la la.

Their range of nail polish colours is so schmick – toffee, aqua, raspberry, orange and a great cement grey amongst others. I tried out the awesome GNB grenoble-isere st geoirs, Bernhard Willhelm aka royal blue. It’s a strong, sophisticated blue with amazing pigment and a ridiculous amount of shine. I almost didn’t put a top coat on because it was so shiny (I did though, because even the best polish in the world needs some protection). After 4 days the colour is still really strong and glossy, and only just starting to rub on the tips (picture was taken at 3 days).

I was most impressed with the consistency of the polish and the way it brushed on. It was thick, but it spread really easily. It didn’t have a fancy brush or anything, but it covered the whole nail really well and moved around with ease. It also didn’t streak, which is unusual for a dark colour. I will admit I even got a bit clumsy with my application just to see what would happen, and it seemed to even itself out. It’s like it knows what it is supposed to do! What an obedient polish.

This gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me. It is definitely on the expensive side of the scale for a polish, so I suggest you pick one signature colour and use every last drop out of the bottle. You can’t go wrong with a pink, toffee or cement grey. Or a royal blue.

Price: $38.50
From: Honey Honey
Why you need it: For a strong and glossy pigmented polish that behaves itself.

UPDATE: It's now Sunday and I am taking the polish off - not because it has chipped or scratched but simply because I have had it on for almost a week. There are a few markings right at the cuticles but I'm pretty sure that's only because my nails grow at a ridiclous rate and that's just how it tried when I painted them. My nails have looked like glass all week - this gets three very enthusiastic thumbs up. That's right, THREE! I grew an extra hand just to salute this polish.

3 comments:

♥akisa♥ said...

holy moly that's one expensive polish. But totally worth if long lasting even up to 4 days..

Hoping you'll add links to stockists. I for one would love to know where Orly is stocked (online pref).

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

It actually looks expensive on, if that makes sense. It's a very glossy polish - my nails almost look like glass.

Will definitely be doing a stockists list for polishes when I get you-know-what going :)

Val said...

How awesome are these polish? I have the gold one on at the moment and gorgeous OSM last week. Highly recommend these. Mine's on the paws for a week now and there's no chipping/peeling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails