Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Get a little O in your Glow

Last week I got to meet the incredible Davis Factor – his resume is stupidly impressive so I’m going to list it in point form:
  • Creator of Smashbox photo studios in L.A.
  • One of the world’s best celebrity and fashion photographers
  • Chief Creative Officer of Smashbox Cosmetics
  • Great grandson of THE Max Factor (I know it’s not a resume point, but it’s kind of important)
On top of that, he is charming and affable and a great brand ambassador. You just want to hang out with him and drink cocktails at the Chateau Marmont while he tells you about all the celebs he has photographed over the years. But this is about the face slap, not the clicky-click.

Smashbox Cosmetics was created in 1996 and is a hugely successful brand in the States. I’ll be honest, I actually didn’t realise it wasn’t available here. I have a couple of Smashbox things that I love, but I always buy them at Sephora when I'm travelling in the U.S, so never noticed it wasn’t here and just assumed someone was savvy enough to import it. Boy is my face red! The good news is it’s now stocked at Kit. Nice work, Kit!

One of my favourite Smashbox products, and one of their cult favourites, is the O-Glow. It’s a blush gel that’s Intuitive Cheek Colour. This means it reacts with your skin chemistry to mimic the shade that you blush naturally. It has Goji Berry C-complex, Ginkgo Biloba and pomegranate seed in it, so it’s made from good juice, and it goes on silky smooth. It has a really weird feel to it actually – kind of reminds me of L’Oreal Studio Secrets Primer. Make sure you use the 3 finger rule when you apply this (or any blush). The area next to the nose is a no-go zone – start your blush on the third finger out from your nose. Make sure you go all the way to the hairline, too.

This intuitive colour technology has also been used in a lip gloss (O-Gloss), bronzer (O-Bronze) and lip plumper (O-Plump). You see a pattern, right? I have been using the O-Gloss and it feels like a normal lip gloss (a bit sticky but easy to wear), but it has that added bonus of just a hint of colour. Smart.

Price: O-Glow - $37.95 and O-Gloss - $32.95
From: Kit Cosmetics
Why you need it: They are fun products to use and you get a natural, gently flushed look. Perfect for winter.

I’m also using the best selling photo finish primer at the moment, so I’ll give you the 411 on that next week.

Picture credit: Kitcosmetics.com.au – I honestly tried to take pictures but I am having a shocking face day and nothing was working out right!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooohh i'm always on the look out for new gel/cream blushes!

I cant wait to get to the shops so I can check out this new range. I love Kit stuff, i usually use the cream blush from the Jemma Kid range.

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I love the Jemma Kidd cream blushes! They are delicious. You have excellent taste Miss S.

Anonymous said...

Yeah they are soooo great arent they!

Another fav of mine is Kevyn Aucoin cream blush, in this pop orange colour (cant remember the name) it is sooooo ridiculously good. Mecca dont stock it anymore so I dont know how to get it.

Great product though :)

frockandrollonline.com said...

I absolutely LOVE the cheek tint. I wear it every single day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails