Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chocolate of the sea

Ever since I enjoyed a dessert of salted dark chocolate at a restaurant last year I have been fantasising about this glorious combination. Chocolate and salt sounds crazy but it really really works. Truly. It’s a combination of salty, sweet and bitter that dances across the tongue and tickles three different tastebud zones at once. Magic.

I read on one of the foodie blogs a couple of weeks ago that Lindt had launched a 100g block of Excellence Dark Chocolate with a Touch of Sea Salt. I literally started salivating the second I read it, then I started stalking the Lindt account on twitter for details. Ah twitter, is there nothing we can’t stalk.

Apparently it is available in Priceline, but I couldn’t find it in the stores I visited. I did however find it at the Lindt Café (well duh) AND when I went to buy it they had buy two bars get one free. It was pretty much the greatest day ever.

I am pleased to say it is just as amazing as I imagined. Ten squares of classic Lindt dark chocolate with punchy bursts of sea salt that slap you in the tastebuds and then slither across your tongue. Oh yeah…

Price: $4.70
From: Lindt Café, Priceline
Why you need it: To experience the culinary wonder of sweet and salty. I promise you’ll like it (and if you don’t, feel free to come back and yell at me.)

Picture credit: lindtusa.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails