Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cool as a cucumber

Someone asked me last week how I could possibly try every single product I write about. I think that’s pretty obvious, isn’t it? I have three heads.

Ha! As if. I only have two. But I do try every product I write about. I don’t just wake up in the morning and think ‘I might like to write about this today’. Oh no. I generally make sure I use everything for a minimum of three weeks so that I can give a fair and honest assessment before I commit my opinion to the internet. I will be honest and say that I don’t necessarily pay for everything I try (and thank you to the PR companies who keep me in the loop with new product launches, because I love being in the know) but I won’t review a product just for the sake of it. I only review stuff if I like the product and think you want to hear about (and I mention if it was a purchase or sample).

This all started because I was telling her about the new Olay Total Effects moisturiser with Cooling Essence that I was trying out and enjoying much more than I thought I would. I love a good gimmick and I figured the Cooling Essence would just be their regular cream with an added something. Turns out that added something was mint extract and cool water. I loved it.

I have been meaning to try one of the other Olay creams (Regenerist) for a very long time but I always think of it at the wrong time (like, not when I’m at Priceline). After using this cream, I feel like this is probably a solid indication that a) Olay rocks and b) I should definitely be buying more of their face creams. My skin has been wonderfully hydrated, the cream is a joy to rub on and it’s nice and hygienic with a pump top (I always feel icky sticking my fingers in jars, don’t you?)

Price: $32.49
From: Supermarkets and Priceline
Why you need it: It’s a cheap but effective high quality moisturiser. Plus the Cooling Essence is a nice refresher on those hard-to-get-going mornings.

Picture credit: Olay

2 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

I love Olay, I think they make so many amazing products that really work. This one sounds fab - I'm just trying out the Pro-X range, so maybe after that...

Jessica said...

I am trying this out at the moment and I really like it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails