Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday! I have a whole heap of bits and pieces to flick through today, so let’s get to it! Think of this as a bastardised version of This Week I...

Remember my green shoes that I bought for the weddings? I am massively in love with those shoes. Anyway, I picked up the same Mimi Loves Jimi shoes but in patent black croc. They are super cool, fit perfectly and look great, but the best part is they cost me $20. Yep, $20. Thank you General Pants clearance store in Pitt St Mall and your insane buy one get one free deal. The store is only going to be there for another month, so get your skates on.

Last night I went to the launch of Smashbox Cosmetics. I am super psyched that they are finally entering the Australian market – I have been in love with one of their signature products, O-Glow, since I first bought it almost 3 years ago. In fact, I’m wearing my O-Glow today in honour of the occasion. I have a couple of their other products to try out so I’ll fill you in once I give them a good enough test drive.

I’m kind of obsessed with Nearly Nude underwear right now. I won’t take photos but I will gush profusely about them next week.

I have a bunch of awesome nail posts up my sleeve right now (stored away in the Nail Files – zing!) which I can’t wait to share with you.

Due to popular demand, I’m posting the Women’s Weekly brownie recipe below. Plenty of time on the long weekend to get some baking done! Have a good one.

125g butter, chopped coarsely
200g dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
½ cup (110g) caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1¼ cups (185g) plain flour
180g white chocolate, chopped coarsely
100g milk chocolate, chopped coarsely

1 Preheat oven to 150°C fan forced. Grease and line 20cm square cake pan.
2 Stir butter and dark chocolate in large saucepan over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat, stir in sugar. Cool 15 minutes.
3 Stir in eggs, then sifted flour and then chocolate. Spread mixture evenly into pan.
4 Bake about 30 minutes. Cover hot pan tightly with foil, cool brownie in pan before cutting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails