Friday, April 9, 2010

Just like magic

If we are friends on facebook or you follow me on twitter you might know that I have been whinging and moaning the last few days about my spray tan. It looked amazing last week, but, as they do, it has gone a bit patchy. This means time to scrub it off, except mine is Refusing to budge with a capital R. This wouldn’t be a problem if I wasn’t going to a wedding today but, gosh darn, I am. (Congratulations Amy!)

My very patient beauty therapist Mel at Fifty Four Park helped me with damage control and hooked me up with a product called Magic Peeling. It’s an exfoliating glove that you use in the shower and the dead skin just rolls off. It would be disgusting if it wasn’t so cool.

You need to soak in the shower for about 5 minutes then you slip the mitt on and rub up and down. No soap, no body wash, no circular motions. Pretty simple. It’s made from a soft cellulose fibre so it just feels like you’re rubbing your arms and legs with a soft piece of fabric. Just like that. I am pleased to report I am now patchy-tan-free on all the important (aka visible) parts and ready to stand up in front of a church full of people.

Price: $50 (give or take)
From: I bought mine from Fifty Four Park – they aren’t widely distributed, but I have found them on GirlyEssentials and a stockist list on Feggari (looks like Price Attack stocks it). Check out the Magic Peeling website for more info.
Why you need it: To scrub off your dirty old fake tan and get rid of all your dead skin for a lovely glow.

Picture credit: girlyessentials.com.au

3 comments:

Shaybear said...

Hrm, are these anything like the regular run-of-the-mill exfoliating gloves you can buy for $3 at the local Woolies? That's what I use in the shower once every day. It certainly helps with exfoliation and blood circulation, but I'm not sure about the fake tan removal.

Anonymous said...

Woo I've seen these but can't justify the price. I wonder how long they last.
Atm I use the gloves Shay mentioned and a home made scrub. Milton for major tan disasters!

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

This is definitely more hardcore than a regular exfoliating glove. The regular gloves would not shift my darn tan and this did the job. It's to do with the irregular weave of the cellulose fibres - it is soft so it just feels like cotton (regular gloves are scratchy) but you actually see the skin rolling off as you use it. Gross.

Related Posts with Thumbnails