Monday, June 28, 2010

The antioxidant boost your skin craves

Are you familiar with Akisa Love and Beauty Swatch? Both are great Aussie beauty sites run by the equally great Akisa. Akisa also runs Akisa Shop and is the Australian stockist for Vitacreme B12 Regenerative Cream and Anti-Aging Serum. She very kindly sent me some to have a play with because she knows I’m a little bit addicted to skin care products.

The Anti-Aging Serum is gorgeous. It’s a pink gel that glides effortlessly over skin. It has a very unusual scent to it and I can’t quite figure out what it is, but it’s almost spicy. It could be turmeric, since turmeric is used in skin care to reduce fine lines and fight pigmentation. But I’m only speculating here. Perhaps we need a Masterchef contestant to identify the spice.

This baby is a pretty potent and hard working serum, and you only need a tiny amount to get the anti-aging, whitening, hydrating and firming benefits. That said, it didn’t really reduce my scars, moisturise as much as I need or do my laundry, so it’s not a complete one-stop shop.

Speaking of moisturiser, the Regenerative Cream is also pink, but it’s thick and sticky. It actually felt heavy on my skin, which isn’t a very nice feeling. I was using it just as a night cream because it felt too thick to wear during the day under my makeup. It doesn’t smell like turmeric, but it does smell like dusty rose. It’s also more suited to mature skin. Vitacreme recommend younger skin use it 3 months on 3 months off to fight the first signs of aging, while mature skin can use it constantly.

It promises to do a whole bunch of things and personally I didn’t see any ‘wow’ results but a lot of reviews I have read say that it doesn’t appear to work for the first 2 months and then you see some great results. I’m going to persist with it because I have only been using it for a month and I would really like to fade a couple of scars. I’ll report back in a couple of months.

Price: Vitacreme B12 Anti-Aging Serum - $56/30mL; Vitacreme B12 Regenerative Cream - $45/50mL
From: Akisa Shop
Why you need it: To give your skin the nutrients it needs to fight aging.

Picture credit: Akisashop.com


1 comment:

♥akisa♥ said...

thanks for the review!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails