Friday, June 25, 2010

When brands come all the way down under

There are so many amazing brands that are overseas but that we never get here. The day Urban Decay finally reaches our shore I will be a very happy camper. BUT bit by bit they are slowly making the long flight down under. Smashbox recently launched here (and I love their primer) and in the last week I have learnt of three overseas brands that have either just launched or will be launching soon.

Eve Lom: A beautiful, simple and luxurious skincare brand that is based in the UK. A range of 14 Eve Lom products will hit Mecca next week, including what is hailed as probably the best cleanser in the world. Honestly, that’s a pretty big claim so I will be curiously waiting to hear reviews from all the local beauty girls.

Clarisonic: I have studied the Clarisonic facial cleansing systems every time I have been in Sephora but figured there was never any point in buying one since it would mean having to plug it in with a converter. I am very pleased to say they are on the way down under and dude these things are amazing! I’ll have more details closer to when it launches but I have been super super lucky enough to receive one to play with and I love it.

Illamasqua: Make sure you pop over to Sassi Sam because she has the scoop on this one, but basically this cult british brand is now exclusively in Myer. Unfortch it’s only in the Sydney city store for now (yay for me, boo for anyone not in my hood) but it will be rolling out nationwide soon enough. They do incredibly lush cosmetics in great colours AND right now they’re doing free make-up lessons AND they film it for you so you can go home and watch it again to reproduce it. Such a kickass idea.

Have a great weekend!

Picture credit: Sassi Sam

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails