Thursday, March 18, 2010

Citrus special!

I have been looking at the pictures as they come through from LMFF in Melbourne (that’s L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival, for the uninitiated) and the makeup looks created by Rae Morris, creative director extraordinaire, are simply sublime.

As I was flicking through the Runway 2 snaps, my train of thought was something like ‘very cool quiff thing, I wonder how I would look with that...not practical for going to the gym, is it?...Angelina eyeliner, I’m trying that this weekend by using sticky tape for the neat line...do I even have any sticky tape?...great nude lip, I wish I could find a nude lippie that made my lips look like that...holy heck! Check that neon eye!!! Want! Need!'

2010 L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival - Day 2
After my initial glee, I remembered I had some neon orange eyeshadow and eyeliner stashed in my room. Not sure why, but then why do I buy anything? Perhaps I was just really ahead of trend without knowing it. Yeah, that’s probably it.

If you want to try this look out on the cheap, head to Kmart and hit up BYS. For the price of your morning coffee, you can give the fluoro orange eye a whirl. If you’re referencing the L’Oreal look, simply go for a horizontal stripe across the eye (note: I added water for a wet shadow and brighter colour). I did mine with a hard liner brush to get the sharp, rectangular edges.
Am I wearing it at work? No. Will I wear it on the weekend? Potentially. Can I show you a photo? Well, no. My camera is being moody. Just pretend I look like the model, but without blonde hair and way hotter, obviously.

Price: BYS Individual eyeshadow $2.95
From: Kmart
Why you need it: A cheapie way of trying out a novelty trend

Picture credit: bys.com.au

2 comments:

Nat said...

That would be nice in a sheer wash too, which would be better for every day and give a nod to the trend. BYS is good for picking up stuff like this.

The Blog Stylist said...

Hi Elise! Thanks so much for following me on Twitter. I seem to have a big audience of beauty blogger gals :) Best of luck with your blog! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails