Friday, March 5, 2010

I can't write about butter nail polish and not write "butterfingers" in the header

Since we’re talking about nail polish, I wanted to talk about butter LONDON polish. My very lovely beauty therapist and I were having a conversation about polish the other day (we speak a whole other language when we are together – I call it OPI-ese) and she offered to loan me a couple of bottles of butter LONDON so I could try them out and review them for you. Such a thoughtful little scamp.

Butter LONDON’s point of difference is that it is “three free”. This means it contains no formaldehyde, no toluene and no DBP (dibutyl phthalate). The polishes are non-toxic, although I wouldn’t recommend drinking them (not so tasty, my friends). Most nail polishes these days are or have been phasing these ingredients out, but butter LONDON is, I believe, the first to have all three of these ingredients out of their entire range. Kicked to the curb, bad guys!

The Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat (not just basecoat, but foundation, thank you very much) is just incredible and I will be buying this as soon as possible. It is a matte base and I would wear it alone because it gives nails a polished but very unusual look. Check the picture – see how classy it looks? It’s not clear like a usual base coat, but it has a natural tint, much like a foundation. Hmmm...I see how that works.

I also tried the matte base on top of colour (no piccie – sorry). Matte polish will be a trend again this winter, and using a matte topcoat is cheaper than buying a whole new range of matte colours.

The colour I tried was Macbeth and to be honest I’m kind of peeved because I have found the perfect red-orange colour and now summer is over. Typical. The colour is great though. It paints on really well, you get rich, vibrant colour from two layers (so much pigment-y goodness) and it dries quickly (although I still managed to smudge one nail – less a reflection of the polish, and more my clumsiness).

Price: $19.95 colour and $24.95 basecoat
From: adorebeauty or Honey Honey (polish is $22)
Why you need it: There are 50 colours in the range, so I’m sure you will be able to find something you like. Even if you don’t buy a colour, I definitely recommend the matte foundation.

2 comments:

Teneal said...

Zoe from Primped mentioned this brand on twitter the other day and I really want to try it!

As a fellow OPI addict, I will certainly have to try if you think it is up to par! Wish I could get it in a store though, I love looking at colours.

MMMMatilde said...

I'm pretty excited to try this out, will be ordering it pay day (I'm on an all time cash low haha) I'm becoming one of those girls that are addicted to all things beauty and I'm excited to be trying out so many new things!!

Matilde xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails