Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Feathering my birds nest

Yay! I love a good online shopping website. I stumbled across Birdsnest purely by accident, but what a happy accident it was.

Let me take you to Myer, one lunch break last week. It was the moment I fell in love. I spotted the most gorgeous Bluejuice khaki green slouch jacket, with pushed up sleeves, a loose collar and a relaxed feel. Exactly what I never knew I always needed, and I had to have it. Sadly for me, Myer only had size 8 or 14. I fit the 8, except when I tried to move my arms forward. Moment of truth...take the 8 and commit to not moving my arms too much, or track down a 10. I jumped online whilst still standing in Myer (thank you, mobile internet) and found THE jacket in THE size on Birdsnest.

Ten minutes later I was back at my desk, credit card in hand and details in the address field. Ace! If you order by 1pm, they promise to have your order to you the next day; I didn’t get my order in until 2pm so I had to wait 48 hours. Oh the torture! Honestly, 24-48 hour shipping is really damn cool, so respect to the Birdsnest girls.

As well as getting my jacket really quickly, they also included a rewards program card and a really sweet handwritten note complimenting my choice of clothing. This little gesture absolutely made my day because it was so thoughtful, and it’s reassuring to know there are still good people in the world. High five.

Price: Bluejuice jacket: $89.95 + $10.95 postage
From: Birdsnest.com.au
Why you need it: The jacket is the perfect trans-seasonal piece (thumbs up for layering) and the website stocks dozens of big brands. I also love that you can shop by body shape (it even gives you fully styled outfit options!)

Picture credit: Both pictures brazenly stolen from birdsnest.com.au - that's not me wearing the jacket, but I look just as good in it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails