Monday, March 22, 2010

Thanks for the inspiration, LMFF!

Gutted LMFF is over for another year – I have been really enjoying seeing the pictures coming through and being inspired by the different makeup looks that genius Rae Morris has been creating for L’Oreal. I was quite taken by the simplicity of the Runway 5 for Cosmopolitan – it was a very clean and luminous look, with one focus (lips) and everything else muted. Of course, gold is going to be big again this winter, and the gold eyes were a nod to that. Honestly, I think gold is one of the only universally flattering colours for eyes, so this is good news for everyone (particularly if you like makeup, not so much if you have no eyes.)

The look was fresh and punchy: clean skin, luminous powder, golden cinnamon blush for a bit of a highlight, gold eyes and no mascara to keep it youthful. The highlight was Radiant Orange lips from the new Colour Riche Anti-Age Serum range. I have three pink lippies from this range which I have on high rotation at the moment – very soft and buttery with a lot of staying power. Will review soon, I promise.

I was so inspired by this look that I dug through my bag to see what I could find to recreate it. I used the gold eyeshadow from my Estee Lauder Signature Quad; the pigment wasn’t as dark, but it did the job. I also had a bright orange lippie lying around (as you do) – it’s from SLA and the colour number is 20146, but it doesn’t have a name on the tube. I’m fairly sure it’s hot orange though.

Hair is textured and tousled, then pulled into a deep side pony across the face. Probably not overly practical for work (I wear glasses, so this style might get in the way), but you could easily adapt it for functionality. I used kms California AddVolume Body Build Detangler to add body (smells like eucalyptus and cinnamon – v. yum) and then Hairplay Sea Salt Spray for extra tousellage.

Is this a look you would try? Is tousellage a word? How do you feel about orange lips? I was always afraid of them, but they actually aren’t that scary (unless they are attached to Aunty Doris and leave a big smudge on your cheek.)

SLA lipstick
Price: $39.50
From: Encore Beauty, or the SLA store in Balmain

Estee Lauder eyeshadow (part of a quad)
Price: $70
From: Estee Lauder counters (if that colour has gone, they have other golds in their range)

kms California hair bits
Price: Hairplay Sea Salt Spray $36.95; AddVolume Body Build Detangler $28.50
From: This is a salon brand, although I have seen a limited range popping up in Coles

Picture credit: L'Oreal

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like the name of your blog! ;)

Belowen said...

I really love that style and how you've recreated it! I do love the hair, but would feel stupid with a side pony, I don't know why. I'm not brave enough to rock even midly out there hair styles :(

Shaybear said...

I love a nice side-pony. It helps having long hair though, as otherwise you can end up with a mess of shorter pieces.

Related Posts with Thumbnails