Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cuff love

Remember the shoes I posted about a while ago? They’re the ones I’m wearing to the wedding with my black dress. I’m not much of a matchy-matchy girl so I didn’t even bother looking for jewellery to match aqua patent leather. What would I look for? Where would I look?! Since I’m wearing a silver studded belt with a one-shouldered dress, I was on the hunt for a silver cuff but wanted something a bit out of the ordinary. After scouring jewellery sites and markets for a few weeks, I inadvertently stumbled on my new baby by accident in Sportsgirl. Isn’t that always the way? Good old Sportsgirl, so reliable.

It’s quite a cool cuff – the base is ball chain, and it closes with press studs. There is a mesh bow and then a big f%#^-off silver rose, which is tarnished to give that vintage feel. It also has other weird chunks of glass and enamels blobs on it, but the focus is all on the rose. You can probably see that from the picture though. It is, as they say, worth a thousand words.

Gold star Sportsgirl. Thanks for coming through with the goods for me!

Price: $39.95
From: Sportsgirl
Why you need it: For a real statement piece

As an aside, if I’m wearing a one shoulder dress, studded belt and chunky cuff, do I need earrings? Like, just some small studs? Thoughts, my friends. All advice appreciated.

2 comments:

eskimojo said...

My necklace and headband for said wedding are also from Sportsgirl -they're doing lots of cool stuff at the moment.

Shaybear said...

I'm loving this accessory explosion - headbands, clips, brooches and jewellery seem to be everywhere!

Related Posts with Thumbnails