Thursday, March 4, 2010

St Patricks Day nail polish, perhaps?

Beyond the very obvious trend of grey/taupe set by Chanel and their Particulière polish, I haven’t seen much indication of nail trends for the cooler months. That’s not to say there aren’t any; I’m sure plenty will come through with the show season in full swing. Nails are pretty fluid with trends though – season seems to dictate pretty strongly. Think bright & sunny for summer and warm & moody for winter.

I have had a couple of bottles of fluoro green polish sitting on my desk for a while and I thought I would give them a crack and see how appropriate they are for autumn. I usually think of fluoros for summer - mainly orange, pink and red. Green is a tricky colour at the best of time, so fluoro just exacerbates that.

What do you think? The B Collection by Bloom green (Bahamas) is very wearable – heavy enough that it loses the garishness of fluoro and doesn’t totally look like I coloured my nails in with a highlighter. The BYS (Fatal Attraction) on the other hand...total bright fright! Definitely on the yellowy end of the green spectrum. Would you wear either? One feels more summery, while the other would be autumn appropriate.

BYS
Price: $4.95
From: K-Mart and chemists

B Collection by Bloom
Price: $14.95
From: Target
Why you need them: If you want to start autumn with a bit of colour. I know I can’t bring myself to put the greys and maroons of winter on yet, but I have summer coral and orange fatigue.

3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love it! It reminds me of Elphaba from the musical Wicked! :D

NatWebster said...

I have Mint Candy Apple by Essie and it's a fabulous green.

Anonymous said...

the BYS looks like a fungal infection...or perhaps like you're a heavy smoker...
but the other one is totally wearbale

Related Posts with Thumbnails