Friday, March 26, 2010

Jasmine what I need*

*Apologising for the terrible headline - I have been sick, so please don't hold it against me

I read a really interesting article on beautydirectory yesterday about certain scents being mood altering and triggering memories, transporting you back to places and times. I would absolutely 100% agree with this – whenever I walk past a guy wearing Calvin Klein Crave, I shudder a little thanks to an ex-boyfriend. Ditto a certain Lynx body spray (I don’t know the name, but I can recognise it at a hundred paces). On the flip side, Clinique Happy makes me, um, happy because it reminds me of four weeks in America and Mexico with my family (the citrus top notes are what do it), and Estee Lauder White Linen calms me down because it makes me think of my dear Grandmother. Fascinating how something that tickles the nose can also tickle the emotions.

Stepping away from perfume for a moment, there are many other things that trigger happy moods in my brain. The scent of baking chocolate cake. The scent of nail polish (don’t judge me). The scent of jasmine and gardenias, my two favourite perfumed flowers. It was like I was suddenly high on drugs when I opened my latest PRIMPED VIP parcel and encountered the new Jurlique Jasmine Hand Cream. Talk about good feelings in a tube! Yeah, it keeps skin soft and hydrated, and it’s all natural, but it’s really about the fragrance. Added bonus: it’s not greasy – there is nothing worse than greasy hand cream. But this hand cream is all about the jasmine fragrance.

The only thing I didn’t like, and this isn’t a criticism of Jurlique but of all brands, is that metallic tubes are a total bitch when you squeeze them the wrong way. One false pinch and you can’t stop the flow of cream. Messy.

Price: $27 40mL/ $55 125mL
From: Jurlique
On Counters: March 29th (Monday)
Why you need it: To lift your mood and keep your hands hydrated (you know your hands are a dead giveaway of your age – keep them in good nick).

Extra stuff you need to know: Jurlique, godluvem, have launched a recycle and reward program. Simply return old Jurlique packaging such as bottles or tubes and you get a 10% discount off replacement purchases. Give & Gift is a permanent addition to the Jurlique family and aims to raise awareness of responsible recycling. Gold star to Jurlique; bonza effort from such a proud Aussie brand.

Picture credit: Jurlique

1 comment:

Shaybear said...

Erk, think I'll steer clear of this one.. Jasmine gets right up my nose and tends to make me sneeze like no other floral!

Related Posts with Thumbnails