Friday, November 26, 2010

Aloha! Coconut and guava water?

In honour of the fact that I have just booked a plane ticket to Hawaii...and that summer appears to finally be here...and that it’s Friday...let’s celebrate by toasting with a coconut and pink guava juice. Mmm...tastes like tropical.

I’m all over coconut water like sand on a wet bottom after a day at Bondi – when there’s a new ‘health’ trend you can guarantee I’ll try it. That said, I have been enjoying coconut water for years on my regular trips back to Hawaii (I used to live there, donchaknow). I’m quite partial to a Nudie Coconut Water with pineapple, orange and passionfruit, but Cocobella Coconut Water with Pink Guava is definitely my new favourite.

Sure, it looks like a popper but without the straw. Drinking out of the top of a tetra box might feel a little primitive and not entirely sophisticated. But coconut and guava were meant to be together. Not since Reese’s added peanut butter to chocolate has there been a finer flavour harmony. Just trust me on this one. Mahalo.

Cocobella pure coconut water
Price: $3.95
From: the convenience store
Why you need it: Forget the health benefits, it just tastes good!

PS - if you're interested in the nail polish, it's a Katy Perry OPI with Black Shatter on top. Deets here.

.

7 comments:

Nikki @ Styling You said...

Oh, I like the sound of that. Love all things coconut.

Lau said...

I'm a big fan of the pineapple flavour. I wish they made a plain one though.

miss_sher said...

I love this stuff! +1 for the pineapple flavour :)

Jessica said...

I have been stocking up on coconut juice like a crazy person lately. It's one of my favourite things to drink in the summer. I didn't like the Nudie juice version at all, but I love guava so I will be trying this if I can manage to find it stocked somewhere!

beautytipshub said...

really like this post as i love to have guava and coconut so I will try it and i got some beauty tips for all on our website @beautytipshub.

Shaybear said...

I tried this the other day! Loved it, thanks for the tip. : )

James Crispin said...

I tried this but didn't like it particularly because of the sugar. My favourite so far is the organic coconut water by Dr Martins Coco Juice. The best packaging yet. Hard to come by but great when you can get it. I think you can find where to get it at http://cocojuice.com.au.

Related Posts with Thumbnails