Monday, November 8, 2010

Beauty inspiration AND affordable YSL - the ultimate two-in-one

I popped into Kinokuniya last week to pick up an engagement present and stumbled across a sweet find – the Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Official Book with bonus YSL tote bag. Delicious!

The book is in Japanese so I’ll be damned if I can understand a single word, but the still-life styling is incredible! There are also lots of makeup looks for me to rip off WITH step by step picture instructions – you don’t need to be able to read anything to understand pictures. 

I needed another tote bag like Octomum needs more kids, but as if you’re going to say no to affordable (read: cheap) YSL. It’s a cute bag and will be totally appropriate for carrying my yoga gear and lunch to work. Bonus: it has a magnetic clasp, which is something a lot of tote bags lack and is much appreciated when I’m juggling 2 bags on the bus (nothing worse than your lunch/gym gear falling out mid-ride and seeing your apple role down the aisle - happened to me last week).

Price: $29.40
From: Kinokuniya – Galeries Victoria, Sydney
Why you need it: 1 – an affordable luxury tote (stealth wealth) and 2 – lots of beauty inspiration

.

2 comments:

emmabovary said...

Do you know if there is anywhere in Melb that has this? Thanks=)

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

I asked the incredibly cool and knowledgable Hayley from Fashion Hayley www.fashionhayley.com and she said the only place that might would be Kanga Kanga on Russel Street, its a Japanese mag shop http://www.kangakanga.com.au, otherwise you can order online from Kinokuniya http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/indexohb.cgi?AREA=06

Related Posts with Thumbnails