Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Stressful time eats: Peanut Butter Brownies

Oh boy. This week is going to be a really stressful week at work and I deal with stress the same way most of us do - baked goods. Sunday night I mentally prepared myself for the week ahead by baking Peanut Butter Brownies. To share, of course.

I found the recipe on the blog of Callum Hann, runner-up on this years Masterchef. I have perfected my own brownie recipe, but this looked so good I decided to go out on a chocolate-coated limb and give it a crack. People, it did not disappoint. Maybe that kid learnt a thing or two on that little cooking show.

I could blah blah blah with the ingredients and the steps, but instead think of this as a photo-essay. A visual feast, if you will.
Butter, dark chocolate and peanut butter

In the oven

Following the instructions and licking the spoon

The anticipation...

Fudgey centres
I don't normally like nuts in my brownies, but it is like the salty peanuts were put on earth just to dance with the dark chocolate. Magic.


Check out Callum's recipe here, or pop over for a visit this week to sample one of mine.

.

3 comments:

StellaPreston said...

they look so yummyy :)
tempted to make them for breakfast.

Emma said...

These look fantastic! I so love brownies and peanut butter.

There goes the diet! (diets are stupid anyway)

Andi said...

I am waiting for these to come out of the oven right now....

Related Posts with Thumbnails