Friday, November 19, 2010

Let's talk lashes...

If you watched my video the other day you would have seen that I am flicking back and forth between two mascaras at the moment. Since filming that, I have added a third brand to the line-up and have been drawing up my lists of pros and cons for each.

I’m normally a die-hard Covergirl mascara user, which is why I bought the LashBlast Fusion as soon as it came out (that nice Drew Barrymore is very persuasive). Then I was totally suckered into buying the Revlon Grow Luscious after attending the PRIMPED look book event (that nice Yaz Turker is very persuasive). Courtesy of a friend, the other mascara floating my boat at the mo is MACs Haute & Naughty (not least because of its sparkly lid). My bathroom has reached maximum capacity.  

Why I dig the Covergirl LashBlast Fusion
The little flexi-bristles make my lashes fat-as, bro. I find it doesn’t clump, smudging is minimal and it comes off easily with warm water. I also like the black brown formula – nice for a workday rather than black black. Let me grab my pom-poms and put my cheerleader outfit on again.

The GrowLuscious is pretty orright too
It has a massive brush, so it picks up every.little.hair. My lashes look full and thick, but I do find it rubs easily after a few hours of wear. I also haven’t noticed my lashes growing stronger, but to be fair I have pretty long and strong lashes already. Would love to hear other people’s feedback on this one.
 
Haute & Naughty is sex in a tube
Truly. This is a sexy beast. There are two brushes – one is more spaced out bristles to create long and fluttery natural lashes, while the second, denser brush hooks up the fat. It smudges a little towards the end of the day but it comes off ridonkulously easily in warm water. I am not ashamed to admit I spent a good five minutes trying to figure out how the two brushes in one tube thing worked, but I just ended up with mascara all over my fingers and then I got sidetracked.

Can I pick a favourite? No. Can I recommend one over the other? Covergirl is probably still my top choice. Considering you should replace your mascara every three months, I’m all for an affordable option, but using the more expensive M.A.C has been a little luxury of a morning. I conclude that I’m not coming to a conclusion, but having options of a morning sure is fun.

M.A.C Haute & Naughty Lash - Price: $42 From: M.A.C
Revlon GrowLuscious Mascara - Price: $21.95 From: Priceline
Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara - Price: $18.95 From: Priceline

.

1 comment:

Glamourborn said...

Haute and naughty HAS MY HEART. Tis a treasured part of the bottom of my handbag, where all the best junk's kept.
MYGOSH I just love it. Nic Thompson made me do THAT and false lashes one day. And I liked it so much, I did it again.
Lovely to see you last night. Christina was in fine form!
TTGB X
totheglamourborn.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails