Thursday, November 18, 2010

Please learn from my mistakes...

Can I give you some advice? (Hang on, why am I asking you? It’s my blog and I get to do what I want!). When you have a monster pimple and you need to get rid of it asap, don’t use out of date pimple cream. Funnily enough, it doesn’t work.

Sounds obvious, right? I’m embarrassed to admit I committed this massive beauty sin last week, but hopefully my mistake will serve as a timely reminder to all of us to check the expiration dates on our products.

Most cosmetics are either stamped with a best before date or have a little jar symbol with a number on it, indicating how long a product has after opening. As a rough guide, lipstick is 1-2 years, foundation in a bottle is 3-6 months, body lotion is 2-3 years, eye pencils, eye shadow and blush are all around the 1+ year mark, and mascara? 3 months. And don’t pump it, ever.

As for the offending pimple cream, it has been replaced. Jurlique Blemish Cream - $30 and worth every cent for its pimple fighting abilities (otherwise known as calendula, witch hazel, self heal and tea tree oil). Just make sure it’s in date.

 PS – replace your SPF every year. If you don’t, I’ll know (probably because you will be sunburned)

Picture credit: jurlique.com.au

.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe that I only just figured out YESTERDAY what the little jar/pot symbol meant on beauty product packaging. Huge fail moment there for me!

Elise @ StuffThatIBought said...

Must be the week for it ;) Love your work

Morgan Stewart said...

Ooooh I always do this! I'm the worst with dates and all that jazz. I once used foundation two years old because I ran out of the one I was using- Bad, bad, bad!

Ps. Love your blog, always makes me want to buy and try new products ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails