Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sydney's newest secret hideout

There is something really special about stumbling on a new secret hidey-hole in Sydney. While I was wandering Oxford Street in Paddington yesterday I came across the newest and sweetest little cafe ever. Literally the newest, because it opened yesterday. Such a shame I didn’t have my camera on me!

It’s called the Healthy Feast Sanctuary Cafe and it’s at the back of the Fleur Wood store. Like, ‘you have to walk through the Fleur Wood store to get to it’ kind of back. It’s a whimsical dream – mismatched tea cups and saucers, ceramic bunnies, flower pots, a bird cage and a pink wicker chair all shielded from the sun with a printed shadecloth. It seats about 16 and serves tea, coffee, cake and organic soft drink from the cantina-style counter.

I had a slice of gluten and wheat-free lemon flan and it was delicious. Delicious. This is the kind of place where you can hide away with the book you just bought at Ariel Booksellers after an afternoon of shopping at the markets. Relaxing.

Check it out at: 464 Oxford St Paddington – walk through Fleur Wood

Picture credit: stolen from delish.com

.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like my kinda place!!

Well defintely have to check it out!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails